|Storage Units for Rent has useful tips about self storing, storage warehouses and facilities and how the process works, also you will find links to several online directories for storage units in the US, Canada, UK, Australia and Asia.|
| Self storage warehouse sign
Pic by stevendamron on flickr
In most instances, a self storage operator never takes possession, care, custody or control of the contents of the storage rental space unless a lien is imposed for non-payment of rent. Self storage facility operators frequently provide controlled access to rental space areas, individual door alarms, interior units lights, and security cameras. Generally, goods or items stored are not insured by the self storage operator; they are stored at the tenant’s “own risk” or protected by tenant-purchased insurance.
|Outdoor Self Storage Units for Rent|
The provision to customers of space for the storage of goods, subject to certain restrictions, is a business running with the purpose of bring storing services where the storage space offers exclusive use of a storage area that can be secured to prevent access except by the customer, and a storage space that is in a fixed location and is never moved while in use (unless you are renting a Portable Storage Unit).
The customer has unrestricted access to the storage area during site opening hours, although some storage facilities offer 24/7 access. The majority of public self storage companies nowadays are taking very seriously the security of your belongings, and they are setting up secured systems with computerized electronic access, cameras, even photo ID scanning systems. Transfer of goods into and out of the storage area can be completed by the customers themselves and without the use of machinery. Some storage warehouses offer moving and truck rental services. You might find some storage companies offering free move-in and/or move-out services.
Self Storage for Sale – Self Storage for Sale listings are gathered here, yes there’s not only the option to set a lease for renting one or more units for your storage solutions, there are self storage facilities for sale…
Self Storage Companies – Self Storage Companies offers personal and business users a storage solution that they can basically control themselves. Read about this business, links and a list of Self Storage companies from around the World.
Companies offering public self storage units for rent usually offer storage services on a month-to-month basis in US (week-to-week on UK), or by setting up a short or long lease. Self storage units for rent come in several sizes, from small boxes or lockers from 5’x5′ to very large storage places where you can store your business goods, even a Boat, car or RV. For those needed to rent storage units to store sensitive goods, most of the storage warehouses offer insurance plans, although some other places required that you already have your own insurance over the good or items to store. Also for these kind of items there are Climate controlled storage units for rent, temperaure and humidy are strictly controlled to keep your belongings safe and secure.
Prices for renting a storage units vary from place to place, and can include additional services like free moving, 24/7 access, storage and moving supplies and special security systems.
|Self Storage Facilities – Items Stored|
- Make a list of all the packing supplies you will need. Such as boxes, tape, bubble wrap, marking pens, damp rid, rope, and pallets.
- Visit the facility or if possible the actual self storage unit in which you want to store your items. Take a list of what you are going to be storing so that the manager can help you determine the correct size for your needs.
- Schedule your mover 30-45 days in advance.
- Be sure to read the lease before signing it. Make sure you are aware of company policies on moving out, paying the rent and other important information. Remember in the US, storage companies can take your stored stuff and auction it off if you don’t pay on time or according the agreement.
- If you are using a moving company, find out what size truck they will be using. This is valuable in determining if your unit will be accessible to that truck. Most moving companies charge more the farther they have to carry your things.